Whether you’re looking to show a movie, put on a concert, get married or host a corporate event, the Clova Theatre is a great venue. Completely renovated and updated in 2015, the Clova boasts all new seating (for up to 253 + 2 wheelchair accessible spaces), expanded men’s & women’s restroom, a new accessible family restroom with change station, digital sound, video and lighting system and a versatile stage to meet the varying needs of our user groups. We’ve hosted school groups for PAC fundraiser movie screenings, weddings, concerts, talent shows, graduation ceremonies, multi-media presentations, school “TEDx” style presentations and training sessions for businesses/organizations. If you’re looking for a smaller venue, the Clova is certainly worth a look. If you’re interested in renting the Clova for your event, please click the “APPLY NOW” button below to be taken to our online application page. There you’ll find the application form as well as our fee schedule and rental policies. If you have any questions that aren’t answered in those places, please feel free to contact us via the CONTACT FORM.
RENTAL FEE SCHEDULE
Monday through Thursday:
- Personal/Commercial: $30/hr
- Non-Profit: $20/hr
Friday though Sunday:
- Personal/Commercial: $40/hr
- Non-Profit: $30/hr
The Clova is not available for rentals on Sundays until 1:00pm or on holidays.
- On-Site staff/technical support: $25/hr (Per staff person. Please note…larger groups may require additional Clova staff. There will be a minimum of 1 additional hour of tech/staff support to accommodate being ready for your group to arrive and packing up after you’ve left. Larger, more involved events may require additional hours of staff/tech support. Clova tech staff are available for basic operation of technical equipment. Groups with more extensive or expertise tech requirements will be required to supply their own tech.)
- Cleaning fee: $200
- Movie license (if showing movie): $150 (+tax) *see note in “RENTAL POLICY” section below
- Marquee & Poster Box usage: $50/1 day (+$25/each additional day. All marquee messages and poster content are subject to approval.)
- Fully cleared stage (for dramatic presentations): $100
- 50% of the total bill paid 30 days prior to event, with the remainder due on the event date
- A certificate of insurance for the event with a minimum of two million dollars liability coverage
- A $1000 damage deposit (which will be refunded within 10 business days after your event, based on a clean report)
- Please mail the above requirements to: Crossridge Church, 17674 58 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3S 1L6 // Attn. Clova Rental
Alcohol, recreational drugs, gambling and firearms are prohibited.
Plans for décor must be discussed and reviewed prior to the event. Seasonal church decorations take precedence over event decorations. With the exception of the two poster displays and two marquee spaces outside the theatre, we do not allow anything to be hung or attached to the walls of the facility. We also do not allow rice, glitter, or confetti within the building. Any and all damage incurred during the course of your event will be deducted from the damage deposit. Damages in excess of the $1000 deposit will be charged to the group.
An event accompanied by music (live or recorded) must hold a proper SOCAN license. Information and licenses can be found here: http://www.socan.ca/licensees/music-use#event
An event accompanied by a film must also hold the proper license. If you do not hold a license of your own, you may purchase a one-time license at a discounted rate of $150.00 plus applicable taxes. This can be purchased through our representative, Doug Darwin at Criterion Pictures, at 1-800-565-1996 (400).